Wednesday, September 28, 2011

St Stephan's Green - Home to Big Bird

Last Sunday I took my first trip over to St. Stephan's Green, it's so close to my university that it's funny I hadn't stopped in before considering that I pass it everyday on my way into downtown on the bus and can see it from pretty much every vantage point from Grafton to Nassau Street. They have monuments commemorating different historical events and people all over the park and it's home to several 'big birds' otherwise known as Swans. Boy, I never realized how darn big these guys were. I saw them beyond a fence where I was standing as they plumed their feathers and craned their necks about 360 degrees. I decided to get a better look at the fellas and walked around so that I could stand almost next to them by the water. Beautiful but terrifying creatures really. Any way, it was a gorgeous day out as the weather here has been pretty warm and very pretty much every day this week. There was a huge art exhibition being held outside the park gates and every square inch of the fence was highlighted with art pieces. It was really nice to just walk along and admire all the art I was hoping at first that I would be able to snag something nice for my bedroom walls, but alas everything averaged about 100-450 euro. To rich for my blood. 




 Mysterious house in the middle of the park - wonder how much that costs!

The right honourable Sir Arthur Edward Guiness, Lord Ardilaun: Founder of the park dedicated to the people of Dublin. So I guess he was good for more than the beer!






 I liked this duck...he made me smile :)


 Westland Row - the street where the Oscar Wilde Center is located & Pearse Station

No comments:

Post a Comment