Saturday, September 24, 2011

Culture Night - City Hall & Jameson Distillery



 
Daniel O'Connel - The Liberator
Catholic Emancipation



 
Beautiful Music to set the 18th century mood. They had City Hall representatives dressed up in costumes to play the part.

 Old Elevator or 'lift' as the Irish say, it reminded me of the Willy Wonka elevator, although I loath Willy Wonka. Freaks me out!





 On our way to the Jameson Distillery we crossed the Liffey and passed the Four Courts! I am looking forward to going back and seeing the building lit up by the street lights.






 You can't tell but the sign says "Jameson Distillery Ahead" I couldn't a shot without the heavy reflection.
 
Welcome to Jameson - Home of Barley
For those who didn't know, Jameson Whiskey is made from three simple ingredients: malted barely, unmalted barley and pure Irish water.

It goes through 6 steps for perfect taste - they actually served us a sample of their whiskey mixed with Sprite. I took a sip and gagged and then promptly gave my glass over to a friend. I kept the glass though as a souvenir!

Step 1: Malting
Step 2: Milling
Step 3: Mashing- see below



Step 4: Fermentation


Step 5: Distillation


 Rosie enjoying her drink and my own :P

Step 6: Maturation
 Loved this room if only for the cellar like feel and the fact that each barrel of whiskey had it's own year dating back to the 20s.


 Becky, Me, Melony, Jill & Mary (Everyone except Jill is a roommate)

No comments:

Post a Comment