Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A week in Dublin

It's officially been 1 week since I arrived in Dublin and so far it has been wonderful. I haven't started classes yet, just got word today that we will have an orientation meeting this Friday and then classes begin in earnest on Monday the 26th. Everyone who is a post-grad it seems was in the same boat of "what the heck is going on?" everyone we've been talking to lately has no clue when they start classes or which classes they're supposed to take. It's been odd but oddly relaxed as well. I'm not super stressed about it considering everyone is in the same position.

My flatmates and I are busy picking events to attend this Friday night for Culture Night in the city. It's basically a night once a year when all the Dublin attractions like museums, Dublin Castle, Guinness Storehouse, the Jameson Distillery and all the like are open late (until midnight) and are all free to attend. So we are trying to be strategic and pick the best ones so that we can pack as much as we can into the 5 hours of this cultural event.

This Thursday is also Guinness Day. Ireland wide, well Belfast, Kerry, Limerick and Dublin will all be raising their glasses at the same time 5:59pm to the inventor if their famous beer - The Guinness. I'm thinking that as a lady who has never had a Guinness before, Thursday might be the perfect night to try it out.

Today will be more low key, my flatmate Becky and I are going to go downtown and walk along Grafton street to see what kind of cool art work we can find for our room walls. Then we will visit some bookshops ans wonder. Most of the errands I've had to take care of this past week are over and done with and I plan for this last week off before classes start to be one of excitement and relaxation. I want to see as much as I can before things start to get more crazy and busy with school.

Updates on all my adventures of the week to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment