Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tis the Season

Clearly I wasn't at home to enjoy the festivities of one of my favourite holidays - Thanksgiving, but in honour of the three Americans I'm living with we have all decided to cook a turkey and celebrate their Thanksgiving. 

So I went to the local grocery store today and was pleasantly surprised by the fact that I could buy a Turkey for...wait for it...11.99!! Isn't that crazy?! I think the price is almost as exciting as getting to eat the bird itself. I'll be thinking of all of you, my friends and family back home while I cook the day away on Thursday - did I mention I'm making the turkey? oh and the apple crumble. It's is definitely on holidays like this that I wish you were all here with me. 

In other news, not so very festive, three of my roommates told us today that they are moving out. Kind of blindsided the rest of us who didn't even know they were looking or wanting to look, or even thinking of looking. But apparently they found a place and will be moving into their new flat in the city center on December 1st. Kind of cutting it close in terms of letting the rest of us know, but things are changing and changing fast I guess. Soon everyone will be heading home for Christmas break and one half of the term will be over. Time seems to be moving faster than I can manage to keep up with it. So, I guess as well as being Thanksgiving, this occasion will also mark the last family dinner for the six of us who started the year together.

No comments:

Post a Comment