Sunday, January 15, 2012

New Years Day - The Shelbourne Hotel

New Years Day was spent in opulence and sugar while mom and I enjoyed afternoon tea at the Shelbourne hotel in Dublin's city center. Located right across the street from St. Stephan's Green, The Shelbourne hotel is by far the most luxurious in Dublin - one of the nicest hotels I've ever been in. They cater to the rich and famous, with actors such as Daniel Day Lewis, Liam Neeson, Julia Roberts and Robert Redford all having stayed in one of their beautiful suits. The hotel was decorated beautifully for the holiday season, with roaring fires in every room and garlands of holly along the many banisters. Everything was gold and ivory and marble.
The afternoon tea itself was wonderful, with a plethora of cakes and tea sandwiches and scones galore.
We sipped and talked and spent the day relaxing and I can think of no better way to have spent the first day of 2012. 

 The Lord Mayor's Lounge. 




Entrance to the Saddle Room, the fine dining restaurant. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...the desserts look amazing!!
    I wish I was sitting at the table with you two.
    You look so pretty Yaseena. I love your dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Melody. I love it too, bought it in Belfast and wear it quite often when I go out for special events :)

      Delete